Global Leader in International Exploration Industry News

posted in:

Senex Energy announces thunderchief-1 oil exploration well unsuccessful

Tuesday, Mar 27, 2012

Senex Energy Limited (Senex), as Operator of the South Australian permit PEL 104 joint venture, advises that the Thunderchief-1 exploration well encountered a developed stratigraphic channel containing over 10 metres of fine sandstone with poor porosity.

The well was plugged and abandoned after intersecting minor oil shows and poor reservoir in the target Birkhead channel section.

The primary target was sandstone of the mid Birkhead Formation with secondary targets in the overlying Namur Formation and the underlying Hutton Sandstone.

Ensign Rig #48 will now move to the Growler-10 development well targeting oil production from the Growler oil field in PRL 15.

Senex Energy holds a 60% interest in PRL 15 and PEL 104 and is Operator of the joint ventures, with the remaining 40% interest held by Beach Energy Limited.

Source: Senex Energy

To access over 2,700 of the latest oil projects from across the world visit Projects OGP for free trial today

posted in:

Other Exploration News

Total discovers oil in deep offshore Ivory Coast 18-04-2014
Shell announces Malaysia deep-water gas discovery 17-04-2014
Canadian Natural Resources Limited Announces Discovered Presence of Light Oil/Hydrocarbons Offshore Cote d'Ivoire 17-04-2014
Vankorneft increases scope of geological exploration works to provide increment of recoverable reserves 14-04-2014
Rosneft is successfully developing Exploration drilling program for 2014 11-04-2014
AWE awarded new exploration permit offshore Western Australia 11-04-2014
OMV enters Namibia 03-04-2014
ERHC Energy Inc. announces changes in exploration team 02-04-2014
Deloitte provides licensing round announcements 01-04-2014
Seatronics adds Kongsberg Mesotech’s M3 Multibeam Sonar System to its Asia Pacific rental fleet 31-03-2014